Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to every day

One reason I absolutely love the holiday season is that , believe it or not, it gives me time to relax. Relax from the "have to" stuff. It is a great excuse to slack . Like today.......it is no longer holiday time so I need to re-do all of Lydia's insurance stuff with all the medical supply companies and doctors. I need to catch up on contracts that need to be written etc... All the necessary stuff that it takes to keep all the kids' medical things up to date has to be done now. Whereas for the last two weeks , it could wait because it was holiday time. Boy that makes me smile.
Lydia has been asking over and over,"What's the next holiday?" For some reason she wants Easter to be next. I think this is her first year of really having a recognition of what holidays are and how fun it is to celebrate. So I am going to try and be like the great mom I was with Maliea and Chaiya and do more with celebrating like we did in the past.
Can I tell you how much I totally love this new house? I do a happy dance every day! Although I have a little way to go in making it more authentic (we have nothing on the walls yet), this house just makes me feel good each day. I love the copper color walls in the bedroom and for Christmas , Michael bought this amazing paisley comforter to go on our bed. It has little bit of orange running through it here and there and is perfect.
We are so excited about this new year. Chaiya will be attending a glass blowing class in Eugene, Or in February for a few days. She is so excited about this. We are working on getting her and Maliea passports so they can travel to Europe some time this year. With Michael's retiree status they can travel with him for free on military aircraft. Maliea is interested in EarthWatch expeditions and watching and charting orca whales.
I am hoping it will be an incredible year filled with wonder and magic for them.

For those of you who are wondering, yes we were able to pull off the surprise birthday party! 142 guests were invited and everyone kept the secret. The guest of honor was stunned and overwhelmed . It was a very successful party. I am hoping that it will open a new 'division' of We Do! We Do! Helping Randy was a lot of fun. Our gift to his wife was 12 of the top billboard hits of 1967, which we played during the party.
I am attending a Wedding Merchants Academy next week in Phoenix. I am hoping to learn new skills and gain new ideas for my business. Here's to a successful year!

I am going to be spending the next weekend working on homeschooling ideas to get Quayde and Lydia to have more magically and wonder inspired learning adventures. Having so many ages to homeschool sometimes is a big challenge. We found that Thayne at the library is quite a trip. He loves to run up and down the ramp! The librarians are very patient with us. God bless their souls. They smile and smile.

This evening's adventure is purple cauliflower that I found at New Frontiers. I'm off to eat some fun!

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kristi said...

your words remind me of a little picture that Chelsie has... "does it bring me as much joy as feeding baby ducks?" Kind of on the same accord as "how can I have more fun doing what I'm doing?" For those "back to everyday" tasks that only the mom can handle... how can I have more fun doing this... is a ticket ease and flow. Thanks for the reminder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home