Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Dr. Shindell visit

I was sick over the weekend, hence the lack of posts. Happy New Year to everyone!
Today we had a visit with Dr. Shindell, who emphatically declared ,"It doesn't mean it's getting better!" after measuring Lydia's spine. Then he lied about what he had measured it on the last visit. He doesn't know I have a visual memory and can see exactly what the last x-ray was in my head.
So ladies and gentlemen....drum roll.....Lydia's spine after 1 full month of alternative stuff has decreased in severity from 87% to 81% . That's a big deal right now.
So Lydia looks at him and says ,"I have a straight and healthy spine" to which he didn't understand. But I explained what we were doing much to his utter confusion. To which he promptly replied that we should choose a date for her surgery. I stated not once but three times..."so we will see you in three months then". Poor man. He then said as he was walking out of the room, "I think you are 'waffling' concerning the surgery" to which I promptly replied "You are darn right I am waffling" Does anyone know what waffling means?
So I am contacting 2 separate docs back east about her spine this month to get second opinions. We will see if he still chose to have us as clients. Michael observed that Dr Shindell doesn't quite know how to deal with me.
It was a fun day!
ps. my spell check says I should change the word "Shindell" with swindle hummmmm

5 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Ninny said...

Funny post and Hooray!!!! I read to Dad and Matt- they loved it!

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to really celebrate!!! In such a short time Lydia's spine corrected itself a HUGE percent!!! Please tell her congratulations for us!

Glad you are feeling better... I missed your posts!

 
At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best news every. Tell Lydia we're proud of her, keep up the great work Tracie... Love you all

Lori G

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never heard of 'waffiling'as a medical term think he just made it up. Good for you Tracie and Lydia too! Love ya much Nana

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracie, I didn't know what waffling meant either so I looked it up and this is what I found:

Waffling

Waffling is Postponing by lack of ideas; you just keep on babbling in the hope you'll have an idea. Another example of waffling is Wimping , when you accept the other's Offer but babble about them without doing anything constructive with the offer.


Sounds to me that the good doc thinks that your whimping out about the surgery, what he doesn't want to admit is, your way might just be the better way for Lydia. In layman's terms, he looses money, poor thing :(. You just keep up the good work, and hopefully this spring we'll be out to visit you guys. Love you all Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home