Saturday, July 22, 2006

balance?

It's morning.....I feel like I have been run over by a truck. My "babies" haven't been sleeping in the night. Suctioning, hurting feeting, needing to nurse etc... I have been trying to work after nine at night when the house has settled down and the little ones are generally asleep. The down side is I am not getting into bed until after midnight and this isn't working. I am trying to find a balance between everything I do. I forgot I don't believe in balance.
It is impossible. My life works great when I don't try to pretend that one can have a balance and accomplish everything. I actually get tons and tons accomplished when I just flit and fly from one thing to another and I feel better about life and myself.
So I started this "I need balance" stuff, out of guilt. I let it creep in. Maybe I wasn't being a good enough mom or wife or friend. Maybe we weren't doing enough as a family. Maybe I wasn't supporting everyone enough blah blah blah.
So I am looking at a "new" school year without a plan or a clue, I've got this business which has gotten off to a fairly good start but it's a lot of work, I've got a house which needs to be de-cluttered and cleaned, I've got 5 kids and a husband who all need me, etc.......
That doesn't even count the heavy grace stuff in my life like Lydia and Maliea's extras.
With additions of other things.
I am thinking I need to get back to what works for me even if it is definately not what other people do.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is balance anyway. Go with your natural instinct. you are a wonderful mother, wife and friend don't try to improve(?) on what works well for you and everyone else around you. we love you just the way you are, a quite awesome woman. Love ya all Nana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home