Thursday, February 22, 2007

Just when you think.....


...that things can't get any more bizarre.

We noticed the other day that our fairly new industrial sized bottle of vanilla extract was much much lower than it should be. I love to bake but it would be quite the feat to use that much. So then I checked out my other bottles. The orange (80% alcohol) was completely empty, bottle still in the cabinet; the raspberry had about 1/2 inch left; The almond and banana (40%) almost both gone. Hummmmmm. Well Michael marked the vanilla bottle label with where the level of vanilla was. We suspected the nurse.

Are you laughing? 'Cause we are. Bizarre as it seems apparently our nurse has been enjoying our extract. When she went to leave today, I noticed through the Walmart plastic bag she was carrying that she had several extract boxes. Then as soon as she is out the door I hear Chaiya scream and start hysterically laughing, "It is her!" Chaiya had immediately run to the kitchen to check the vanilla bottle out. Sure enough there was more than an inch gone. Check out the photo with the mark.

Unfortunately I needed to call her supervisor. I am not sure how else I could have handled this. I guess Lydia is an excellent judge of character.

3 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ninny said...

WOW! That is so hilarious. Lydia driving the nurse to drinking...who would've thought, she seems so innocent!

 
At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always trust a childs instinct Good for you Lyd! Don't suppose she's doing a lot of baking on the side? at your expence!!! Tell Chaiya i loved her pic climbing thru the big tree. Love ya all Nana

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Stina said...

*hiccup* :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home