Friday, February 10, 2006

American Consumerism

Last night or I should say early this morning, at about 4 am Lydia and I were engaged in conversation. Yes, 4 am! She and Thayne chose to both be wide awake and wanting to play. I took them out to the Living room to make sure they did not wake up Michael. Sitting close on my lap I proceeded to tell Lydia of all the wonderful places that I wanted to show her. The ocean with its amazing beaches in Hawaii, the redwood forest with tree trunks bigger than daddy's car, Mt. Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Statue of Liberty and on and on. I was describing these places in detail and her attention was rapt. When I couldn't list anymore of what I thought the coolest places in the US were I asked her," Where else should I take you?" In her sweet 5 year old way she said," Out the driveway, up the road.... to Walmart!"

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i completely understand were she is coming from. i mean it seem that we go all the time but we never take her. good going lyd! voice your wants and need!:]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home