Sunday, October 16, 2005

Open minds

Autumn ushered in this morning bringing the change of the leaves. Just two days ago I reflected on how everything was still so green, this afternoon the hues of yellow and brown reached through the window to me. Change is the only sure thing.
Tom and Ruth headed out this morning. It was an interesting visit. It was only 4 days. Probably a good thing. Sometimes when a person refuses to be open to a realization that her way is not the only way it creates dissonance and disharmony. For the first time in about 17 years I found that I had to explain breastfeeding and why I am not feeding my 4 month old rice cereal and juice. Not just once, every time we sat down to eat. Choosing not to engage, I simply stated that Thayne definitely did not need any extra calories. Chaiya didn't like being grilled on educational matters and we had the opportunity to see first hand, a major control drama being played out between two 55+ aged adults trying to steal each other's energy. It was a great education for my teenagers for the week!
Michael volunteered at the AirShow this weekend and wore the official "Aircraft Marshall" tee- shirt. It was so good for him to be around planes again. Arriving home happy and smiling, he had an excellent time. Maliea and Quayde attended and their favorite plane was the one that stalled out and spiraled towards the ground.
Tomorrow seminary classes resume and maybe we can get back to some kind of rhythm, perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home