Sunday, August 21, 2005

Pioneer stock?

I checked out the Frontier House videos from the library. It was a "reality" type show that PBS did a few years back. I had heard about it from a friend and was interested in it. Since we don't do real t.v. at all, had to wait until videos came. This program took 3 families and gave them a little training then had them all live and build homesteads similar to ones in 1883. So far we have watched two of the videos.... they never had to grind wheat! Pretty sure that I am no where near be knowledgeable enough, to do as well. My parents gave us a good background in being self sufficient but we all are "American" spoiled now. At least my family eats beans and wheat so I think we might do alright on that type of diet. The way gas prices keep escalating, we may need to work harder at being more self sufficient. It is really fun living in this log cabin, it would have been hard to make this magnificent house back then. I have homemade bread down and some other good skills. This could inspire me to work on a new project. In my spare time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home