Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pets

We have recently added two additions to our family. One was planned and expected , one was a spontaneous addition. Quayde received a hermit crab tank for Christmas and went to choose one from the pet store. Starry is a medium size hermit crab and is very impressive. We gave him a bath this afternoon and had a great deal of fun "exercising" him on the dining room table. He will be able to eat out of our hands within a couple of weeks. The unexpected addition was when Maliea went shopping and decided to bring home another bird. Diamond was just calling to her at the pet store. We were not sure how Sapphire would do with a new bird in his territory and for a few hours we thought it might not work. This afternoon how ever they are preening each other and have fallen in love. As long as Chaiya doesn't bring home a pet elephant this might be okay. I did have a chat with Maliea about bring home live animals without prior permission though. So this brings the total to 1 fish, 1 crab and 2 birds... I guess it could be worse.

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Tracie, it could be worse. When I was about 11 years old I bought my mother a goat for her birthday! She was quite surprised and so was my dad. It didn't last for long. The poor thing met a tragic and accidental end quite quickly.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

living? what do you mean it is ok to bring a thing that is die home?! just kidding!!! so is there any way i could convince you in a giennypig?!!!

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geanie pigs are quite nice a lot of fun to watch put in those little balls and let them roll all over the house. I had one when I was young. Just one word of caution do not place their cage close to your bed or any quilt you are fond of.The one I had pulled the quilt(my mother made)through the cage and chewed a biggg hole in it to make a nest. The poor little thing didn't last long after that! I'm surprised Michael hasn't coached Chaiya to ask for a ferret. Keep up the good work Tracie your on the right track. Love Nana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home