Saturday, November 11, 2006

Grateful

Tonight I need to run to Walmart to replace buns we needed for our supper, the mice ate the others. So Lyd and I jump in the truck for a quick trip. I run into a woman I haven't seen in longer than five 1/2 years. We weren't really close friends back then just casually knew each other. We stop to chat, then she smiles and says, "I can't tell you how happy I am to see Lydia" She tells me how inspired she was by Lydia's strength and how amazed she is to see Lyd so grown up. We spend a time chatting about other menial things for about 15 minutes. As we go to leave she says," It was great seeing you again but even more, it's great to see Lydia ."
Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the grace of having Lydia in my life , sometimes I forget when she won't shut up about Barney or please go to Walmart.
Thanks Melanie for reminding me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home