Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not for the squeamish

My poor sister Ginny has been going through everyone being sick at her house. I think I would take that over what I just finished cleaning up.
For days now I have been saying..."this house smells wrong!" no-one listens. Tonight Michael came home from work and stated he believed something had died behind the refrigerator. Yes in-deed!!!
So continuing on with Mousecapades.......I do sincerely hope this is the last I have to deal with them before we move.
Not only one dead mouse but two.
Michael and I pull the fridge out and he locates the first one, starts to place it in a bag then stops to look at it's decaying body.
Within seconds he is throwing up in the trash can. He can't stop. I run the mouse out to the dumpster. It's not pretty underneath that refrigerator. It's 15 minutes til midnight. It has to be cleaned.
Michael pauses heaving long enough to point out that there is another dead mouse further back.
Out come the long tongs, the ones we use for the shrimp at weddings. Yes...we threw them away.
The second mouse is not nearly as rotted as the first. It takes me a bit of careful maneuvering to get it out from behind the fan. Oh this is so what I wanted to be doing at midnight.
Then the floor clean up. Even though I have not gotten any nasty on my hands at all, I am still feeling the need to wash and wash. It took Michael quite awhile to stop throwing up and he did hold the light for me while I was getting the second one out and cleaning.
He still is my SuperHubby, even if he can't stomach dead mice.
Bet none of those Stepford wives would be doing this.

2 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that mice always decide to keel over behind the fridge? Is there some mousie code someplace that says

"In the event of your imminent death, you must quickly run behind the fridge and pass away there, being sure to emit the worst smell possible in the process"

We need to find the mousie code book.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Ninny said...

LOL- Now that is funny! Sorry Micheal- I couldn't help but laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home